Tricopter 3.3 Frame AUW (All Up Weight)

Since my last post which has been a while I have been learning how to do acro (flips and rolls) with multiwii. I found that my frame felt sluggish on 3S batteries but was not to bad on 4S batteries.

I weight my frame with no battery using 5/8ths inch wooden booms and it weighed in at 2 pounds .03 Ounces or 908.04 grams for my V-tail Tricopter.  This seemed to me that it was a  bit heavy for acro.

I swapped over to 1/2 inch wooden booms and back to a tricopter (I was breaking to many props at once with a v tail) there was a significant weight savings for the frame fully assembled with no battery or gopro of 1 pound 10.8 ounces or 748.43 grams.


Frame weight without go pro and battery: 1 pound 10.8 ounces or 748.43 grams
Frame weight with 3S battery: 2 pounds 2.1 ounces
Frame weight with 4S battery: 2 pounds 4.8 ounces
Frame weight with go pro and 3S battery: 2 pounds 5.6 ounces
Frame weight with go pro and 4S battery:  2 pounds 8.1 ounces


I also weighed the a 3 foot stick of 5/8ths and of 1/2 inch wooden booms, they are the hardwood dowles from home depot.
The 5/8th weighed in at 105 grams and the 1/2 inch weighed in at 55 grams. It is a really made a difference by swapping to the 1/2 inch booms as far as the acro  performance of my tricopter.


























0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About