Crius Multiwii v2.5 / Rc Timer HP2812-1000KV Motors Quadcopter Build

I decided that I wanted to see how a quadcopter flew compared to a tricopter and that I wanted to try out Multiwii to see how it was to setup before diving into gps and flight paths that can be setup.

I bought some RC Timer HP2812-1000kv motors from UAVObjects.com @ HP2812-1000kv Motors link .


I also ordered the USB FTDI Breakout board from UAVObjects.com @ FTDI Basic Breakout Arduino USB-TTL 6 PIN 3.3 5V


I ordered the Crius Bluetooth Module because I wanted the ability to use my phone to or tablet to adjust the PID setting using the MultiWii Configurator App for Android.

The pinout on the board are and the baudrate will need to be changed to get this working:

Green - RXD (Receive Data)
Yellow - TXD (Transmit Data)
Red - VCC (Power)
Black - GND (Ground)



The board itself is a Crius MultiWii SE v2.5, I bought this board not knowing much about the configuration process, but I am having difficulty finding information on setting this board up. This board seems to be the same as the hobbyking

This board specs out as:

• 6 PWM input channels for standard receiver or PPM SUM receiver
 • Up to 8-axis motor output
 • 
Supported 2-axis gimbal and auto trigger controll
 • FTDI/UART port for upload firmware, debug, Bluetooth module or LCD display
 • I2C port for extend sensor, I2C LCD/OLED display or I2C-GPS NAV board for GPS and Sonar
 • Ultra low noise 3.3V LDO voltage regulator
 • ATMega 328P Microcontroller
 • MPU6050C 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit
 • HMC5883L 3-axis digital magnetometer
 • BMP085 digital pressure sensor
 • PCA9306DP1 logic level converter



As for speed controllers, hobbyking was out of the F-30A speed controllers when I ordered so I bought some Hobbywing Skywalker 20A ESC, but the seller only sent me one when I was supposed to get 4 of them. I am currently working with them to get the rest of them. 

Hobbyking did get the speed controllers that I wanted back in stock so I ordered a few of them to get this project done and maybe even build a v-tail since I have an extra KK 2.0 board while i figure out how to get multiwii working.  I will be flashing the ESC's with the SimonK firmware.


1 comments:

  1. hai i am having multiwii v2.5 how to i chosse which gps module is best pls send answer my mail brinslogesh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About