Asymmetrical Quadcopter V1.0

I had decided that the X525 frame that I had multiwii installed on was not what I really wanted. I also had a lot of issues trying to get the vibrations down, but due to the motor mounts hanging off of the end of the arms this proved difficult. 

I wanted to see if I could use my Tricopter frame and add additional arms for an offset/asymmetrical quadcopter. I drew it up and  made sure that I wouldn't have any unforeseen issues with mounting. 


I grabbed some G10, my new 1/8th chip breaker bits and loaded it into my cnc machine. My machining time with the chip breaker bits was around 15 minutes which is a great improvement over the regular end mills that were taking over an hour to machine a frame. 


I made the same landing gears as my Tricopter 3.2 and the frame is based on my Tricopter 3.3 revision that includes a new camera/battery tray mount that is held on with woodscrews and quarter inch vinyl tubing.


I flew this using Multiwii in X mode and it actually flies relatively well. I still have to addjust a few of the PID settings as it is drifting and the yaw is slow, well slower than a tricopter. 




















 Actual Pictures:








































0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About